(Department of Psychology)
The ordinance will be applicable for the course of Diploma in Child Guidance and Counselling run by The Bhopal School of Social Sciences under the autonomous status.
Guidance and counselling, which is assuming great importance in modern life, has become an integral part of the overall human development process. Today, the role of guiding workers and counsellors has become increasingly specialised as the problems to be addressed have themselves become more complex. Child guidance and counselling is an area which needs trained people. In this direction the Department o Psychology, Bhopal School of Social sciences, Bhopal is proposing a Diploma Course in Child Guidance and Counselling.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The course is designed to train:
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
- Prospective child guidance workers and counsellors to impart much needed services to the society at different levels (e.g., individual, family, community, organisations or institution)
- Special teachers, educators, guidance workers and counsellors who can work efficiently and successfully in the fields of Social Work, education, occupation and health as well as impart needed services to the NGOs
The course will be of two years duration consisting of 4 months each year.
NUMBER OF SEATS
Thirty students will be admitted in each academic session with a minimum of 2nd division in 12th class exam.
Seats are open for 2nd year students of graduation and beyond.
MODE OF SELECTION
Selection will be made strictly on the basis of a personal interview.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
Medium of instruction shall be English.
Rs. 2500/- per year payable by Demand Draft of any Nationalized bank in favour of Principal, BSSS, Bhopal.
Application form along with information brochure for the course CGC will be available on the payment of Rs 250 in cash or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Principal, BSSS, Bhopal.
COMMENCEMENT OF THE COURSE
Academic session will begin form 1st August 2014
SCHEME OF STUDIES
The course will consist of theoretical instructions, supervised practices, assignments, and field work.
Year - 1. (Certificate Course)
Year - 2 (Diploma)
||TITLE OF THE PAPER
||Principles of child guidance and counselling
||Learning and communication patterns in children
||Supervised practices/,assignment / field work
||TITLE OF THE PAPER
||Child development and adjustment in children
||Childhood related disorders
||Supervised practices/ assignment and field work.
Student will be examined through end of year exam and CCE/Internal Assessment.
- 30 marks will be earmarked for Internal Assessment.
- Theory examination will carry 35 marks each For passing the examination the student shall be required to secure at least 40% marks (in theory as well as in CCE of the subject separately) in each of the prescribed subjects. Internship/Project work should also be cleared separately with 40% marks wherever applicable.
- There shall be no supplementary or second examination.
- There will be provision for revaluation in theory as well as in CCE and Project work on payment of a fee determined by the Finance committee. The candidate can also apply for Re-totalling of marks in theory and subjects.
- The course of study for each year shall be given in the scheme of examination subject to changes from time to time. Examination of each paper will be of three hours duration.
- The diploma programme shall consist of two years one year for the certificate course and there shall be a college examination at the end of each year.
- Only those candidates having a minimum of 75% attendance will be eligible for appearing in the examination
- Candidates can withdraw from the course after one year with a certificate in Child Guidance & Counselling of they do not wish to complete the diploma.
- A candidate shall be eligible to appear in diploma examination only after having passed the certificate examination.
- Candidate failing in the papers/ practical shall be eligible to take examination of the papers in which she or he has failed along with the examination of the year concerned.
- There will be provision for the internal assessment of practical/ assignment work/ field work in each year. If a candidate fails in internal assessment s/he shall not be permitted to appear in the examination of that year.
- The Division shall be awarded on the basis of the total marks obtained in internal assessment and the end of year examination.
80% and above -Distinction
60% and above -I Division
50% and above II Division
Above 40% but less than 50% - III Division
- One month after declaration of result a special exam could be conducted only for the candidates who fail in the final Diploma exam.
- In matters of admission, attendance, examination and all other matters, not provided in this ordinance, this course shall be governed by the decision of the Academic Council of the College ratified by its Governing Body.
- In case of any dispute/ ambiguity, the ruling of the Principal shall be final and binding
- The stated ordinance shall be subjected to amendments to incorporate felt changes, only on the suggestion of the Board of Studies duly ratified by the Academic Council.