Consultancy Services covers the provision of professional services such as knowledge, skills, expertise, experience or advice, provided by a member(s) / staff of college to a client or an external party, for a fee, voluntarily or in any other consideration at all.
- The college will examine each request made by the teachers of the college for accepting a consultative or similar assignment keeping in mind that the proposed assignment would be in the interest of the college in the long run and will not adversely affect the teachers work and should be done in concurrence with HoD.
- The teacher concern should apply to the Principal in the prescribed format. (BSSS/Form22)
- The fees received by the teachers on account of above in a financial year, shall be routed through college account and shall be shared between the teachers and the college in the following manner:
Money received up to 10% of the Salary (basic+DA+CCA) - No sharing
Money received beyond 10% and up to the salary - 70:30 between the teacher and the college
Money received beyond the salary - 60:40 between the teacher and the college
The following shall, however not be construed as consultancy work for the purpose of regulating the fee received by an employee:
- Fees received from recognised Universities and Research Institutions, Statutory Bodies, Autonomous Bodies of Public Sector Undertakings wholly or substantially owned or controlled or funded/subsidised by Government for evaluation, selection, lectures and committee work;
- Amount received as awards/prizes in recognition of academic achievement.
- Income/honorarium/royalty from writing books, papers, articles and delivering occasional lectures on literary, cultural, artistic, technological and scientific subjects; and
- Income for occasional participation in theatre, dance and music performances as well as occasional participation/curation of art exhibitions.
- Income from occasional participation in sports, games and athletic activities as players, referees, umpires or managers of the teams.
- All proposals concerning Consultancy Assignments, Directing of projects, patents, R&D products and technology transfers, etc. need the approval of the college before they are submitted to the grating agencies.
- These guidelines shall also be applicable to the non-teaching who may undertake such assignments subject to the condition that the work related to these assignments will not be undertaken during office hours.
**Note: Point # 10 of General Financial Guidelines Rev.2017